DrAMa Girl

Friday, February 10, 2006

What I feel about “Antigone” ?

After three weeks of thorough explanations in the lectures have make my life easier as we are assigned to do macro teaching and written assignment on this play. I have learned all the literary elements and the scenes that depict the themes through the analysis of the dialogues. I personally like this play because it is not very hard to understand. Besides, I also like the characters in this play. My favorite character is Creon because he realizes his mistake in the end of the play even though it is too late, his beloved and son are dead. He wishes he is dead too and there will be no tomorrow for him in the ended. It is important for a person to realize their mistake than never know. At first I hated him because he is arrogance. He never listens to others because he is the king. I admire Ismene because she sacrifices her life to die with Antigone when Antigone is caught from going against Creon’s edict not to bury Polynecies’ body. As in the beginning of the play she opposes strongly when Antigone wants to violate Creon’s law. Family value is important this play. Antigone buries Polynecies because he is her brother although it is illegal, Ismene sacrifices her life because Antigone is her sister and Harmon advises his father’s Creon because he afraid his father will lost his kingdom.
“Antigone” is a good play. I wish everyone will also enjoy this play too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home