DrAMa Girl

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Simulated teaching again?

This simulated teaching is served as a practice for my future career as a teacher. We were told that the first simulated teaching would start after the break. I felt so stressful when searching for material for my set induction and an extract from “Antigone”. I had a very bad experience about this. As I remembered clearly, my first simulated teaching on the short stories was totally screwed up. I started to get nervous and panic when my lecturer bombarded me with all kind of questions. Everything went up side down. My flow of thinking and my speech were disorganized and jumbled up. For this time on drama, I really prayed hard that things would be better. Don’t panic. Be calmed when being question. During the holiday, I had prepared what to teach. But the night before my presentation I changed my decision because I felt tense due to the performance of my friends. They used video clipping but I only planned to use a statement. It sounded boring, right? Therefore I changed a story as my set induction. I felt I could not take it anymore if I fail again. But I would do my best. I want to become Thomas Edison. When I was doing my presentation, nervousness became my companion. I had forgotten to use question strategies in checking my students’ understanding. But my lecturer taught me how. I did my induction poorly and my pre-reading was satisfied. Guess what? I got B-. Although it was not good but I got better that last one which was c+. I learn a lot from this and I wish I could get better grade in future and gain more confidence.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home