DrAMa Girl

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Meeting the poet and author
In this semester, I had met two authors. Both of them are poets too. They were Shirley Lim and Wong Phui Nam. The meeting were a new experience to me becuase normally i just read the biographies of the authors and now i could see them. In these meeting we got the chance to ask them the questions such as why did they wrte a particular piece of work and others. Shirley came to introduce her new novel, Sister Swing. From her introduction, I have an urge to read the novel becuase it sounded like very interesting. Although meeting of Wong was a bit boring, but I learned a lot from him in how to read a poem. For example, the rythm and the impotant of diciton in a poem and how to read a poem. I have read the works by Wong and Shirley since my first of of degree. Wong's works are very serious. In contrast, Shirley's work are lighter. Most of her works are baout chienese society in Malaysia. Besides, Shirley is a cheerful woman and she talks a lot without hesitations. This is because she is a lecturer. Wong is a economist. He is a serious man, he made jokes too. There are so much things to ask about their works. but the meeting was just an hour.
I hope through the course I can meet more authors in future.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home